Subject to the provisions of the Act and the Memorandum and Articles of Association, the functions of the Board are to
- Implement Company policy and exercise all powers of the Company (1)
- Administer, manage and control the affairs and property of the Company
- Appoint and employ officers and staff, regulate duties and fix salaries
- Control the financial affairs of the Company implementing appropriate controls and procedures
- Control any capital building project
- Set the high level objectives and key operational targets of the Company (2) and monitor performance against these
- Foster links with the Community
- Prepare an Annual Report for the AGM of the Company.
- The powers of the Board are set out in Clause 3(a) – (z) of the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- The Convenor of the Board delegates as much executive control as possible to the Rector on the basis that the Rector then delegates to the fullest possible extent.
Meetings and Quorum
- There will normally be 6 meetings of the Board per annum.
- The quorum necessary to transact business is 7 members.