The school’s strategy is to provide parents with the key information they need at the time it is of greatest relevance.
We have published information leaflets and briefed pupils and parents from S4 to S6 about National Qualifications and their revision.
We have held a number of seminars and published a range of materials for parents relating to the broad general education phase from P1 to S3
- Learner Journey NPFS guide for parents
- s1 profiles: A Guide for Parents
- Pathways from S2 leaflet and letter updated annually and issued to all S2 parents
- Personalised learning leaflet and the Prospectus reflect our CfE practice: e-bulletin to all parents.
- Parent events on Literacy for S2/S3 and S1/S2 and Numeracy for P7 and S1
- Annual S4 Parents briefing event (early September)
- Parent Conferences 2016, 2017
Your Board sets the school’s policy, particularly where national guidelines do not apply or do not meet the specific needs of our pupils, and receives regular updates on progress. Our Safe School policies and In Focus leaflets offer insights and advice on a wide range of CfE related topics.
Education Scotland has published a number of Factfiles designed to offer parents insight into aspects of CfE. Please note that some of the references herein may not apply in the context of Jordanhill School as it is not a local authority school.
Overview of Key Terms and Features