Information for parents and pupils regarding lessons from January 2021:
- Existing pupils will all receive lessons online from Monday 11th January.
- Wind / brass / voice pupils will continue with their current pattern of individual virtual lessons via MS Teams.
- Strings and percussion pupils will revert back to the model used from April to June where instructors and pupils arranged weekly MS Teams lessons at a mutually agreeable time. Pupils up to and including S2 will receive 15 minute lessons and pupils in S3 and above will receive 30 minute lessons. This will require all pupils to familiarise themselves with MS Teams and parents should encourage pupils to log in to MS Teams at the start of term to engage with their instructor for the purposes of arranging lessons.
- Pupils whose parents/carers are key workers will have remote lessons from a practice room in school where possible. We will try our utmost to accommodate those pupils who are either in school full time or who are in school on the day their instructor works for Jordanhill School. Mr Langford will be in touch with parents at the start of term regarding this.
- There are approximately 30 pupils from P5 – S1 who are currently being offered places for strings and percussion lessons in term 2. These lessons will not commence until instructors are back in school.
I hope that you all have a restful and relaxing holiday and that you are able to enjoy some live music making in your own homes.
Principal Music Instructor