In August 2016 we introduced a new structure for orchestras and bands enabling pupils and parents to see a clear pathway for progression from the very first year of learning right through to leaving school.
- The “Kick Start Orchestra” and “Kick Start Band” provides the opportunity for Primary beginners to learn the basics of playing in an ensemble as well as making new friends.
- After the first year of learning, Primary pupils progress to the Primary Orchestra or Primary Band.
- From S1 pupils join the Junior Orchestra or Junior Band which is largely made up of pupils from the junior phase of secondary school.
- In the senior phase of school, pupils may be invited to play in the Senior Orchestra or Senior Band.
- Please click here to see a diagram of the pathway.
- Please click to find out which band or orchestra you are in. You will need to scroll through the document to find each ensemble.
- All pupils receiving music instruction in school are expected to participate in extra curricular ensembles. Pupils who do not attend may have their lessons withdrawn.
- All pupils receiving voice lessons in school must attend choir. Pupils who do not attend may have their lessons withdrawn.