Congratulations to all our Primary pupils who helped us achieve our 6th Green Flag for our Eco Schools work.
- Our Litter and Waste actions have helped our pupils to develop their understanding of recycling waste and have encouraged greater recycling in school.
- Our Chilli Challenge and Pumpkin Patch competition have helped to enhance knowledge of food mileage; environmental issues related to food production; and how to make more sustainable food choices, alongside observing how plants grow and how to take care of them.
- Making bug hotels has helped pupils to consider ways of how to look after animals and to care for the environment.
- Monitoring flowers and minibeast on the school grounds has given our pupils an idea of how to increase Biodiversity.
- Our partnership with the University of Strathclyde in teaching the ‘Island Explorers’ topics has greatly supported pupils in becoming more aware of the current environmental issues around the world and in Scotland.
Well done to our pupils who took responsibility by instigating litter picks in their own time too.
A great achievement for Jordanhill School!