The S1 examinations will take place on Wednesday 26th and Friday 28th April 2023. You will not sit a formal exam in all of your S1 subjects. Alternative arrangements have been made by other departments to allow them to assess and monitor your progress throughout S1.
Your exams will be in the following subjects:
We advise that S1 pupils take the opportunity to prepare for these examinations as they are used to introduce S1 to some of the formal processes of exams, but there is no need for excessive preparation and study. The assessments will also help us gather information that will let us support S1 pupils in their future learning.
Please note the following details for the S1 exams:
- There is no study leave during the exam week – when not in exams, you will be in normal classes or tutor time.
- You must ensure that you have all the equipment necessary for each examination. You must bring a calculator for maths and science.
- Seating plans will be published on Teams and it is important that all pupils proceed to their seat in a calm and orderly manner.
- It is expected that your conduct will be exemplary.
- Mobile phones, Apple watches and Garmins etc. are not permitted in the examination hall or room (leave them at home or in lockers).
- You are expected to arrive at least 5 minutes before each paper and the rooms will be open 10 minutes before your assessment begins to avoid crowding outside.
- If a pupil is going to be absent, please inform the Reception by 8.45 a.m. on the day of the absence. Arrangements may then be made for the missed assessments to be taken at a later date.
The results of the examinations, along with progress this year, will be included in the S1 reports and discussed at the S1 Parents’ Evening on Thursday 8th June.
Click here for S1 Exam Revision Guide 2023 – details of what materials you should have and ideas for your revision.
Click to watch Mr McMaster’s really useful ‘How to Study’ presentation (PDF version).
Click here for this year’s timetable.